Re: [Evolution] Multiple instances of evolution

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 12:58 -0500, Brett Anderson wrote:
Hello,

I have been digging around on mailing lists about this, but haven't been
able to come up with any good answers.

Essentially, I want to be able to start up evolution on my machine at
work, go home, and then be able to ssh into my machine at work and have
evolution come up on my X session at home.

What happens instead is, evolution will open up another evolution window
on the initial display.

From what I have read the same thing would happen if you started two X
sessions as the same user on the machine locally as well. It seems to
have something to do with oafd.

Does anyone know if there is a work around for this? What exactly is the
reason for why this doesn't work?

You could close Evo before you go home...

Or use VNC.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

python -c 'print len(str(2**300000))'