[Evolution] Contact Lists

When using Evolution Contact Lists to create lists of other
contacts, it appears to me that the contact list is storing the target address of each contact rather than
storing a link to the contact itself.

This seems evident when I change the email address of a contact that is a member of a list - the contact list
still uses the old email address instead of a new one.

In other words, I guess the contact list is not behaving as an alias of aliases, but instead just as an alias
of several addresses.

I would have guessed that others have asked/complained about this functionality before - I'm fairly new to
Evolution and couldn't find much debate on the subject with some Googling.

Karl