Re: [Evolution] where is password stored?

On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 13:24 -0800, Raul Acevedo wrote:
If I do the following:

* Exit evolution.
* Reboot Linux into init level 3.
* rm -rf ~/.evolution ~/.gconf/apps/evolution
* Switch to init level 5, and start evolution
* Re-create from scratch my IMAP account

Evolution never asks me for a password.  It somehow still knows the
password from before, and I can access my IMAP email.  How is this
possible, if I completely removed the ~/.evolution and
~/.gconf/apps/evolution directories before X (and therefore gconfd)
started?  Even stranger is the fact that Evolution *does* prompt me to
accept the self-signed SSL certificate on the server again... but the
password it somehow remembered from before.

it's got a built-in password cracker that can crack any password in mere
seconds. :)

j/k

the passwords are not stored in either of those locations, they are
stored in ~/.gnome2_private/Evolution

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast