Re: [Evolution] Logging out of GNOME while Evolution is still open??

On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 23:43 -0700, Evolution List wrote:
I just noticed today that when I log out of GNOME while Evolution is
still open that when I log back in Evolution opens up again as if I had
never left.  Does this run the risk of corrupting some emails?  Or
should I first close Evolution, then log out of GNOME?

No.  This is by design.  GNOME (and KDE) use a "session manager"
to ensure that the DE remembers what is running, what docs are
open, etc, and if the app is session-aware, it will reopen to the
place where you left it.

"Save current setup" will have to be checked, though.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

(N.B. - This is hyperbole, not a heartfelt part of my core
beliefs.)
Windows sucks. No, really. Any butt-wipe pseudo-OS that *needs*
kludges like PC-Anywhere or RDP for remote access, and only
allows 1 login at a time shouldn't be allowed to exist, and it's
developers should be shot.