Re: [Evolution] Too many inboxes, drafts, etc...

I have /var/mail exported over NFS to sun workstations that will be
running dtmail, and Linux workstations that will be running evolution.

Essentially the /var/mail/username spool needs to be treated as a shared
mail box. I have evolution configured to use /var/mail/spool/username as
a unix mail spool.

I am having is two problems:

1. I made .evolution/mail/local a soft link to ../../Mail where dtmail
keeps it's mbox mailboxes. I need a way to make evolution use the same
folders ('drafts', 'sent.mail', etc...) that dtmail uses. I need
evolution to be able to use drafts instead of Drafts and sent.mail
instead of Sent. How can I achieve this?

2. Having the main /var/mail account with its own inbox, junk, and trash
folders gets confused by the fact that "On this computer" contains
another inbox, another trash, another junk folder, etc... How can I get
this to appear as one account, or at least get rid of duplicate folders
that don't need to be in "On this computer".

To be honest, by far the easiest way is to move to IMAP.  Mail spools on
NFS is not a good thing - there are lots of locking issues and there is
a real chance of corruption.

I know it's a pain moving everything to IMAP - I've just done it! But
dtmail can use IMAP and you can change which IMAP folder Evo uses for
Sent/Drafts.  And at least with IMAP everything is kept in sync!

Pete

--
Pete Biggs :{)       pete @ physchem.ox.ac.uk     pete.biggs @ chem.ox.ac.uk
01865 275490 (Work)  pete1biggs @ gmail.com       pete @ biggs.org.uk