[Evolution] Evolution and gnome 2.8 MIME

Greetings.  Just upgraded to Fedora Core 3 (with gnome 2.8 and Evolution
2.02).

Our company's voicemail system mails us .wav files when a voicemail
comes in.  Unfortunately, they appear to Evolution as a MIME type
"audio/wav", when the normal MIME type for .wav files in Gnome 2.8
appears to be "audio/x-wav".

As a result, when I get a voicemail, Evolution doesn't provide the usual
list of apps to open it with.  If I send myself a "standard" .wav file,
Evolution gives me all the same choices that, say, Nautilus would give
me.

Pre-Gnome 2.8, I could add the alternate MIME type to fix this.  Does
anyone know how to do this in Gnome 2.8 and have Evo recognize it?  I
apologize if this is not so much an "Evo" problem as it is a Gnome
issue, but I only seem to have this .wav MIME-type discrepancy in Evo.

Thanks very much.

--
Chris Boyce