[Evolution] evolution will not start anymore

I am using FreeBSD 5.4 and when I start Gnome evolution (compiled from source) it says

Gnome evolution-2.2 2.2.3

I think I rebooted without shutting down Evolution and when I start it up it simply locks up

Like so:

Es menu class init

Adding hook target ‘source’

…and then I hit control-c because it just sits there

The very first time I tried to start Evolution after the hard-crash, it complained about not being able to read a Sent folder and one other. The GUI also came up. Now, with this third attempt to bring it up, the GUI never shows.