[Evolution] Exchange 2003 and Evolution connector problem

Hi,
This is my first post on this forum and I hope I could have some help^or advice about an issue I have with evolution.
Just for the record : I have a project to use a linux box (SUSE 10) as I use an xp box in my corporate network. To do so, I need and email client that could be use the same way that users use their Outlook 2000 app.
I also do not want to modify too much my exchange 2003 settings because I need the email client on the linux box to conect to the exchange server with to other settings that an xp box does, meaning that the linux box have to adapt itself with the corporate environement.

After looking around the net, I have found that only evolution is able to connect to exchange 2000/2003 in 'native' mode, meaning no IMAP, POP or other special config.
I have installed it, I hope with the latest version but when it comes to the configuration, it always hang ...

Here you wil find some little informations about my settings, I will post some other debug info later if needed (like IIS log file, ethereal dump).
FireFox
> If I use webmail on firefox on my linux bos, I have to enter https://myemailserver/exchange.
> after that I am prompted accept the certificate,
> then enter the user name like mydomain.com\myusername
> I am in

Evolution:
I have started with a basic setup (smtp account to be sure that I can enter in the apps (if I try to configure directly the exchange conenction, it crash)
> in my email, I have entered firstname lastname myemailserver mydomain com (I have read that in the doc)
> I have also imported the certificate into evolution and it appear in the root certificates store
> then when I try to configure the exchange connection :
- user name : combination of mydomain.com\myusername or my username don't know which one to use ...
- password : plain text (the certificate server is not located on the same box as the email server and to make it work I have setuped my iis/exchange box to accept plain text password

* every try to conect to the exchange server hangs the application.
* the iis (internet information service that is to say the web server on the email server) seems to receive the request (I see some get command on the username folder)
* the packets dump done with ethereal does not show any errors and things seems to work on this side.

HAve anyone of you be able to make evolution works with Exchange 2003 ? I really need some help here because I don't know what makes the app hang : some settings on the server side or maybe some setup on evolution.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated !!!!

Romain Pélissier
Administrateur Systèmes
System Administrator
T 514.333.6600 # 126
F514.333.1080
Romain Pelissier sqliaison com

http://www.sqliaison.com/

Confidentiality Warning:
This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s) or Entity, are confidential, and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, conversion to hard copy, copying, circulation or other use of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this message and any attachments from your system.
Information confidentielle:Le présent message, ainsi que tout fichier qui y est joint, est envoyé à l'intention exclusive de son ou de ses destinataires ou de l'organisation; il est de nature confidentielle et peut constituer une information privilégiée. Nous avertissons toute personne autre que le destinataire prévu que tout examen, réacheminement, impression, copie, distribution ou toute autre utilisation de ce message et tout document joint est strictement interdit. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire prévu, veuillez en aviser immédiatement l'expéditeur par retour de courriel et supprimer ce message et tout document joint de votre système.