Re: [Evolution] Disable IMAP cache

Le vendredi 23 décembre 2005 à 09:04 +0530, Parthasarathi Susarla a
écrit :
On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 13:15 +0100, Jérôme Warnier wrote:
Is there a way to disable local IMAP cache in Evolution?
Currently No.

I'm using homes on NFS, so the IMAP server is as close to the end-user
as the NFS server.
In this case, there is no need to keep a cache of the e-mails, and I
could offload the network quite a bit if it did not cache the e-mails.
But its indeed a good idea to actually implement such an option.
Thinking a little more about it, probably that some other uses of
Evolution may benefit of it. For example, when running on filesystems
stored on flash devices, to spare some disk writes. But still, my first
example was the best so far.

-partha
--
Jérôme Warnier