[Evolution] Evolution Pauses

Evo 2.0.1 on box-stock SuSE 9.2, configured to get mail from an IMAP
server (no local copies of mail on the server).

Periodically, Evo will appear to be "hung" in that it will be totally
unresponsive to any keyboard/mouse input, although the system as a whole
is fine. After some time, Evo comes back and all is well.

I noticed that when Evo is "hung", it displays a notice at the bottom
that it is trying to ping the IMAP server. When that notice goes away,
Evo works fine.

Questions:  Why does Evo need to ping the IMAP server, and can I
configure it not to do so?

The firewall in front of the IMAP server blocks pings, so Evo isn't
getting what it wants but seems none the worse for it (aside from the
"hang" while it is waiting for the ping response that never comes).

Thanks!
Mark

A Message From...  L. Mark Stone

Reliable Networks of Maine, LLC

"We manage your network so you can manage your business"

477 Congress Street
Portland, ME 04101
Tel: (207) 772-5678
Web: http://www.rnome.com

This email was sent from Reliable Networks of Maine LLC.
It may contain information that is privileged and confidential.
If you suspect that you were not intended to receive it, please
delete it and notify us as soon as possible. Thank you.