Re: [Evolution] Visual cue for active search bar

On Sat, 2005-12-10 at 20:25 +0100, guenther wrote:
It occurs to me that a visual cue would be useful for when the search
bar is "active" (i.e. filtering the folder contents). Maybe coloring or
highlighting would do the trick. Anyone know if this is on the wishlist?

I believe the Search Bar for any active search is distinct from the non
active (cleared) Search Bar.

Er, no it isn't. The only visual difference is that the search box has
something in it. Everything else is identical as far as I can see.

I might be wrong, though. Patrick, can you
come up with an example that proves me wrong? ;-)

Sure, just type something in the search bar :-)

Anyway, I agree it's not obvious and could be way more clear. A good
hint would be to disable the "Clear" button in the Search Bar, if there
is nothing to clear -- which means, there is no active search. This one
is filed already AFAIK, and really would be useful once finally
implemented...

Disabling Clear would at least be consistent, however I'm not sure it
would be noticeable enough. The problem with Search being active is that
it's so easy to miss if you're not actually looking for it, and of
course if you are looking for it you don't need the cue. I'd suggest
both disabling Clear and highlighting the dropdown menu using the
default "selection" colour.

poc