Re: [Evolution] Upgraded Evo crashes

What is the version of evolution-data-server your using ? Please get us
the stack traces, u can refer http://live.gnome.org/GettingTraces .

thanks, Chenthill.

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 22:54 -0800, Des Dougan wrote:
On my SuSE 10.0 system, I have Synaptic installed, and used it last
night to upgrade Evo to 2.4.2-3. I restarted Evo this evening and had it
crash at start-up with the following, when run from a terminal:

des sempron:~> LC_TIME=en_GB evolution -c mail
/home/des/.gtk_qt_engine_rc:62: error: unexpected character `{', expected character `}'
adding hook target 'source'

(evolution:32416): camel-WARNING **: camel_exception_get_id called with NULL parameter.

(evolution:32416): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_gc_set_foreground: assertion `GDK_IS_GC (gc)' failed
/home/des/.gtk_qt_engine_rc:62: error: unexpected character `{', expected character `}'

I Googled for the GDK error, but couldn't find anything relevant. I did
find that the .gtk_qt_engine_rc error (and another later in the file)
are caused by missing commas, but obviously, these are not related to
the crash.

I'm back up again, by reverting back two versions (the first kept giving
me cpio bad magic errors), but would appreciate any feedback on what the
likely cause is.

Note: although I refer to Evolution, I did also update dependencies via
Synaptic.

Des