[Evolution] Connecting to Exchange server without webdav-api

Hi

I need to connect to an exchange server for work. It's not running the
OWA or Webdav-service and hence evolution-exchange is no good here. So I
need someway to connect "directly" to the Exchange server as if I'm
actually using Outlook. So I've looked into it and someone on the
kolab-list suggested I look at Brutus. However Brutus is more or less
undocumented. But I gathered that I have o set up some sort of a brutus
server on a Windows-system in order for it to work(And if I still need a
running Windows box, I might aswell use outlook on it?!).
So, can I do a setup of Brutus that'll run entirely on my own
linux-laptop or are there any other projects out there that might help
me connect to an exchange server. It doesn't have to be
evolution-related (I don't care what client it is), I just need to
access the tasklist of my and one other user. I thought you might be the
crowd to ask.

Lasse Riis