[Evolution] HOW2 enable email "attachments" under FreeBSD-5.3 ?

When I click on attach, I get a window permitting browsing to choose the
file to attach, but after clicking on said file, nothing happens, i.e.
no attachment appears in the attachment window or in the message body
window, i.e. there appears no action indicating an attachment.

What's wrong ?

Also, is there any way to print an email reply before sending other than
to send a copy to myself and then print that ? Clumsy.

Appreciatively,

Courtney