[Evolution] Using a lot of file handles

People,

I have a RH8 server running Evolution 1.0.8-10 which I know is a bit old
now but we have recently changed about 50 users from Balsa to Evolution
and now we have problems running out of file handles on this machine.  I
have increased /proc/fs/file-max up to 524288 but is hasn't helped.  Is
there some way of keeping evolution from using so many file handles or
is there a bug in this version or something?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

Pricom Pty Limited  (ACN 003 252 275  ABN 91 003 252 275)
GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW      2001
Australia
Mobile:  +61:0411-185-652