[Evolution] broken evolution

Hello,

I'm running LinuxTLE, an FC3 based Thai distribution, and I have
somehow managed to break evolution. I think it happened when I
installed various other prerequisite pakages for another piece of
software. I have tried to fix the evolution installation, uninstalling
and reinstalling the rpm, to no avail.

It's LinuxTLE 7.0 and Evolution 2.0.2-1. I click to start evolution and
it begins to start, but never finishes. I've tried runnning it in a
terminal on the gnome desktop but nothing ever shows up in the terminal
window. Nothing in /var/log/messages either.

How can I discover where the thing is blowing up?

Thanks for any help you may give.