[Evolution] Attaching messages to messages

I used to be able to do this: select a message, hold mouse key pressed,
Alt-Tab to a composer window, drag and drop the selected message into
the attachments on the new message.  For some reason I can't do that
anymore--Alt-Tab doesn't work while the mouse key is pressed.  Anyone
got an idea what I might be doing wrong?  Is there some other way of
attaching a message to another?  (I'm running Gnome 2.4 and Evo 2.0.1)

-R