[Evolution] Contact List Problem

I can't imagine that mailing list support is broken, but I am having
troubles getting it working.  I tried to check out:

http://ximian.com/products/evolution/faq.html  http://support.ximian.com

But both links sent me to a useless novell page.  Further, I couldn't
find a way to search the archives so forgive me it this has been
answered before.

I am trying to set up a contact list in Evolution 1.4.6 - I add contacts
from my address book to a contact list.  (I could NOT drag and drop
them, I had to manually enter the contact name which was annoying given
the size list I have).

When I attempt to send to the mailing list by

TO: mailing_list

send aborts on the second contact in the mailing list - which is a
working contact.  If I then RESEND the failed message from the outbox
folder (e.g. edit the message and send it) it works fine??  At this
point the mailing_list has been expanded and all the contacts are
listed.

Thanks for any help, Laurie
please cc lauriejo verizon net with any reply!