Re: [Evolution] How to migrate from sylpheed to evolution?

I converted some MH folders to Maildir format for use with evolution,
using DJB's safecat.  I usually avoid DJBware because of the strange
licenses and overly aggressive attitude, but I made an exception in this
case.

I'm not using qmail though - I'm just delivering to Maildir folders from
a set of procmail rules, and then I have an SSL dovecot (imap) server
that lets evolution see the Maildir folders securely (and quickly too,
for the header fields that dovecot happens to index).

Only thing is, you have to kill evolution from time to time if you
change locations a lot (because it doesn't work well to run multiple
copies of evo against the same imap server at the same time) - and if
your $DISPLAY isn't set correctly, "evolution --force-shutdown" refuses
to kill running copies of the program - which has a bad interaction with
FC2's inability to set up X11 forwarding (and hence, to give a usable
$DISPLAY) off of ssh sometimes.