Re: [Evolution] problems sending mail (mailbox

On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 16:10 -0400, Laurie J. wrote:
I'm trying to get Evolution working w/verizon.  This
seems to be a well known problem (on both Debian and
other unix flavors) but I can't find a solution to it
on the web anywhere...

I get an error: "

MAIL FROM response server: Requested action not taken:
mailbox name not allowed.
run evolution from a terminal with CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG set in your environment.
its either getting bad data for some reason, or you're not authenticating to the smtp server when you need to be, so it is refusing to relay.
I'm running ximian evolution 1.4.6 and trying to
connect to outgoing.verizon.net..

I am running Evolution 1.4.5 on my laptop - which
works fine with another SMTP server.

Thanks if you have any hints... (It's not the "pound
sign in the /etc/hosts file problem)...
you mean comments?
ps - I can receive mail at lauriejo verizon net just
fine.. (so reply to that if you reply)  Thanks, Laurie