Re: [Evolution] Evolution & Paradise

On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 07:47 +1200, Bret Comstock Waldow wrote:
Hi,

I have been using Evolution for several years on various continents
without problems.  Now I have an account with Paradise (via TelstraClear).

Evolution refuses to send mail.  It always claims the mailbox is
unavailable:
"Error while performing operation:
RCPT TO <someone somewhere co nz> failed: Requested action not taken:
mailbox unavailable"

I've tried this with several recipients, and the result is the same each
time.

Are you sure that you've set the "Required Information" "Email
Address" correctly?

If Paradise/TelstraClear will only allow addresses of the form
foobar paradise net, and you are trying to use bwaldow alum mit edu
maybe the ISP is rightly rejecting it.

Mozilla will send the mail via Paradise, so I presume the account itself
is working.  It appears to be Evolution specific.

Does anyone have any experience with this problem?

Only when I misconfigured my email address.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of
vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion."
Dean William R Inge