Re: [Evolution] Flushing changes back to the imap server

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 13:28 +0100, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
Occasionally evolution crashes (not very often, far less than it used to
do, and far far less than it did when I had connector configured in).

When this happens and I restart evo I get a whole pile of messages that
I had previously read coming up as unread, deleted coming up as still
there etc....  This can include messages I dealt with hours before.

It would be useful if this sort of state was pushed back to the imap
server more frequently, or if there is a way (other than quit and
restart) to force that information to be pushed back.

All the mail accounts I have configured are imap servers.

The same happens to me, when Evo crashes.  (It's been like this
all thru the 1.4, 1.5 & 2.0 series.)

The problem, though, is that "flushing changes back to the imap
server" means, partly, Actions->"Empty Trash".

Maybe "flushing" changes regarding new/current?

My box is courier-IMAP 3.0.8, if that makes any difference.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

ACHTUNG - ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS
Das Machine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist
easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren musten keepen das cotten-pickenen hands
in das pockets - relaxen und watchen das blinkenlights.