From: Ron Johnson <ron l johnson cox net>
To: evolution lists ximian com
Subject: Re: [Evolution] new feature request
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 02:55:17 -0500

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 20:07 +1300, Russell Fulton wrote:
> HI Folks,
> 	I would like a new special folder type: templates, which behaves just
> like drafts but the messages don't get deleted when they are sent.  I
> end up sending lots of very standard emails that I keep in the drafts
> folder, every so often I forget to undelete the message after I send it
> and it gets expunged.
>
> I notice Thunderbird has this feature (but in many other respects has a
> long way to go before it catches up with evolution).
>
> Hmmm... if you want to take this feature further you could allow
> embedding of variable in the message and then when the message is opened
> you get a form where you fill in the variables.

Wouldn't that be better served by a shell/python/perl script that
passes the customized text-stream to /usr/bin/mail?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

"Sometime they'll give a war and nobody will come."
Carl Sandburg
Oh, come on. Sure they will. That's what testosterone is for...

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 20:07 +1300, Russell Fulton wrote:

> I would like a new special folder type: templates, which behaves just
> like drafts but the messages don't get deleted when they are sent.  I
> end up sending lots of very standard emails that I keep in the drafts
> folder, every so often I forget to undelete the message after I send it
> and it gets expunged.

That would really be interesting for me too. But as some others have
pointed out previously, this is probably an extended feature that will
fit nicely into an external plugin.