Re: [Evolution] Hiding the large lower left buttons in Evo 2

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 12:30 +0200, Jean-Marc Liotier wrote:
Evo 2 having hit Debian Unstable I am beginning to use it with great
pleasure. I particularily appreciated the increased responsiveness and
the smooth migration from 1.4. Also welcome was the disparition of the
ugly inamovible grey bar under the menu bar. But alas another UI
artifact has taken its place in my heart : the four
mail/contact/calendar/tasks buttons... I have many folders in my tree
and user Evo mostly for mail, and I therefore find those four buttons a
waste of valuable folder tree space. I have not found any way to hide
them. I understand they provide quick and obvious switching that is
certainly appreciated by many users, but I would welcome a way to hide
them just like the toolbar can be hidden with a SHIFT+CTRL+o or a by
selecting the appropriate item in the 'View' menu. Is it possible to do
that in a later version ?  Should I fill a wishlist bug ?

Please do, if it's not already there. These are a complete waste of
space for me and many users.

One thing you can do is edit
/usr/lib/bonobo/servers/GNOME_Evolution_{Calendar,Addressbook,Mail}_2.0.server and change the button_label
properties for your language to "". At least they take a little less space that way.

Putting them along the bottom next to the online/offline icon is a very
good idea.

--
dwmw2