[Evolution] Problems getting evolution to run on freebsd

Hi,

I've spent a week or so searching archived messages
here to figure out how to get evolution to run on a
freebsd box.  I started out to build a box without a
gui interface, then add piece by piece to get
something more user friendly and in the process learn
how it all works together.

At present I have FreeBSD 4.10 with windowmaker
installed.  Through reading about the dependencies of
evolution, gnome and several other packages are
required.

Evolution 1.4.6 would compile but and appear to
install correctly but when I start the application, an
error stating, "Evolution has quit unexpectedly", "
You can inform the developers of what happened to help
them fix it.  Or you can restart the application right
now."   Then it gives 2 options, Restart the
Application, and Close.    Restarting produces the
same error.

In the console window, we get the output, ......
#############
#############

$
(evolution:68157): GLib-GObject-WARNING **:
g_object_set_valist: construct property "type" for
object `ESplash' can't be set after construction
file:///usr/local/share/xml/catalog:1: parser error :
Start tag expected, '<' not found
PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN"
"/usr/local/share/xml/docbook/4.1.
^
I/O warning : failed to load external entity
"/home/jkinsey/evolution/shortcuts.xml"
0x0 : Freed()
xmlMallocBreakpoint reached on block 0

$ sh: turning off NDELAY mode

$

I am out of ideas as to how to get all the
dependencies installed and configured correctly so.
Any direction that anyone can provide would be greatly
appreciated!

thank you in advance.

Jim Kinsey