Re: [Evolution] merging emails (bis)

I am still looking at merging my pop3 mailbox mails from. I have a
computer (desktop) that is on all day, with the "Leave messages on
server" disabled (hence getting all the mail), and my laptop that has
that option enabled, and on just during the day (hence not getting all
the emails, except for 8 hours during the day).
My desktop is going away soon, and I want to merge my desktop emails to
my laptop.

So I discovered (ya ya) I could just select all my emails at once, and
save as, and then reimport that file in evolution. So that's nice.  I
can do that per folder (is there a global way?)
However, this method doesn't not support dups. If I import twice the
same email, then it will just show up twice. And I obviously don't want
that.

Is there a script/hack or any other methods out there to remove those
dups after an import?

Depending on the number of folders, "importing" (copying) your mails
manually likely will be faster.

If you are using the same major version (2.0.x) on *both* machines, you
could copy the local mail tree (well, all the contents of the local
accounts directory) over to the other machine.

To solve the dups issue you can use 'formail' (mbox files, I assume, as
are Evolution default). I already posted a working solution a couple of
times to this list.

I just searched my archives. For the script itself and a couple of
warnings, caveats and notes, please read this link (better, the whole
discussions) and all links mentioned there.

http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2004-May/037188.html

Use it at YOUR OWN RISK. And MAKE BACKUPS of your mail first. Paranoia
saves your day.

...guenther