Re: [Evolution] Multiple Copies of Messages

On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 13:23 -0500, John Bertelsen wrote:
To: NotZed,

You are on to something with not writing the UID's. I exemined the
folder /home/john/evolution/mail/pop3 and there were to text cache files
from a while ago with lists of messages and what were probably uid's. I
deleted them both and downloaded mail again. A new file was created with
size 0, and of course on subsequent downloads I got all the mail again.
There seems to be something wrong with the file writing process.
Hmmm.  I can't remember how the code works exactly, it might end up with a 0 length file, but it doesn't sound right.

I presume its still downloading everything?  I'm not sure here, you may have to try using strace to find out why the file is being written empty, and the only other thing i can think of is hardcore gdb debugging which is too hard to describe in email.
The permissions for the folder are drwx------

What do you think is up.

BTW how does one properly reply to a thread?
I always use reply-to-all.  Not everyone is on the list.

--
Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>
"Free Software, putting the Free back in Free Market."