Re: [Evolution] libgtkhtml

Hi Nick,

I have been working to get 2.0.2 to work on FreeBSD
for weeks now to no avail.  The libgtkhtml your having
was just 1 issue among several that I had while tring
to get evolution to compile.  In the end, I was only
able to get a downloaded version from

http://www.novell.com/products/evolution/

I post this message only to show the rest of the
community that there are others besides yourself who
are having this same problem.  Perhaps someone can
spend some additional time to help us resolve it.  I
posted a message some time back regarding the error
when the application suddenly quits during startup.
That was all the farther I was able to get with the
install.

http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2004-October/039950.html

Be aware, there are several dependencies involved, at
least one of which is version specific.

good luck! ... and if you would, please post any
success you have in your future attempts.  I'll do the
same now that I know someone can use it.

Jim

--- Not Zed <notzed ximian com> wrote:

pkg-config is used to detect the install.

pkg-config --list-all

will show everything it knows about.  maybe the
package config path
isn't complete.  or you don't have the -devel
package installed.

also 3.2 != 3.1, although i don't know how specific
the test is.