Re: [Evolution] export local addressbook to HTML by cron

tor, 27.05.2004 kl. 07.58 skrev Stan Pinte:

some of my users would like to have a web page, accessible from home,
wich would contain all their contacts...

is it possible to export the contacts in the local addressbook (using a
script), in a readable format?

we could then easely generate HTML...

My vision of that stuff is using a lib (libebook? documented
somewhere?), wrapped in python, to automate the export.

It's certainly possible on systems with central LDAP servers. A
centrally-stored contact or user list (used by Evo or any LDAP-aware
client) can be (selectively) made available to a web server running
LDAP-aware modules, such as PHP or Perl.

--Tonni

--

We make out of the quarrel with others rhetoric
but out of the quarrel with ourselves, poetry.

mail: tonye billy demon nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl