Re: [Evolution] Tasks Dissappear

On Sat, 2004-05-22 at 14:34, Tom Wesley wrote:
On Sat, 2004-05-22 at 21:22, Donald D Henson wrote:
On Mon, 2004-04-26 at 15:05, Donald Henson wrote:
On Sat, 2004-04-24 at 14:23, Donald Henson wrote:
(SuSE 9.0, Gnome 2.2.2, Evolution 1.4.6)

When I try to enter a new task in either the task list or in the task
list in the calendar view, as soon as I press either the 'Enter' key or
the 'Tab' key, the task info disappears. I have the option "Hide
completed tasks after 1 day" set but that shouldn't affect future tasks.
I searched Bugzilla and couldn't find anything similar so I am assuming
that I'm doing something obvious (to others) and/or stupid.

Has anyone had this or a similar problem? Can you point me in the
direction to solve this problem? Any assistance/suggestions appreciated.

Don Henson

More data. I had occasion to reboot my system (I know. I know.).
After booting was complete, the tasks that I had entered earlier,
which had not shown up in the task list, now magically showed up.
However, when I tried to enter more tasks, they did NOT show up.
This has got to be a major clue but why am I the only one with it?
As before, any assistance will be appreciated.

Don Henson

Just to finish this off, the problem described above went away after
a fresh install of SuSE 9.1. I just have to be more careful of what
kinds of updates I do in the future.

Don Henson

I hadn't spotted this thread until now, but I have this problem with
1.4.6 on Gentoo using Gnome 2.6, although mine also affects the
calender.  Does anyone have any idea how to fix it?  New
calender/to-do folders are fine.

--
Tom Wesley

It seems I spoke too soon. I still have a problem with the task list. I
have the same system installed on my laptop and the tasks work just fine
there. I can even transfer the task folder to the laptop and the tasks
show up just like they're supposed to. I'm a little tired right now so
tomorrow I'll start comparing the folders to each other.

Don Henson