Re: [Evolution] Evo: backing up & restoring to new machine

Hi Melissa,

I do this on a regular basis with 1.4.x as I often need to take my mail
to a different machine on a separate network.

I backup (tar.gz) the entire /home/<user>/evolution folder and the
/home/<user>/.gnome2_private/Evolution file and then put this on the
media (CD or Memory Stick).

If the PC you are moving to has not been setup for Evolution, just
restore the files to the same location.

If it is already setup, just restore the /home/user/evolution/local
folder or sub-folders which contain the actual data stores.

The problem with this process is that it is limited to 8 accounts, any
further account details are lost. Anyone else have an answer for me as
to why?

Regards

Craig A.