RE: [Evolution] Active Directory

PMFJI, but isn't AD just a full-(over)blown implementation of LDAP?

-----Original Message-----
From: evolution-admin lists ximian com
[mailto:evolution-admin lists ximian com] On Behalf Of Wise, Jeremey
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2004 3:56 PM
To: evolution lists ximian com
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Active Directory

Pardon my being a whiner but doesn't this make Evolution as
an Exchange replacement rather broken. I puchased Evolution
under the pretense that I could replace all major
functionality. Being able to query to whom in corporate the
message will be going to is rather critical in nature.

Now that I am done ranting: Is it (or has someone) build a
local OpenLDAP server and connection from it to AD, then
pointed Evolution to the local Open LDAP service for name
lookup? Based on my limited RTFM it seems this not only can
be done but is the only route to get Linux to speak to AD (ie
not just modifications to a client but having to impliment
the full server on each host).

Input greatly apreaciated.