Re: [Evolution] Re: [Users] Quoted Printable?

No, it's probably not a bug in the strictest sense.  But if other tools can render it ok and evo can't, then it's still a problem.

This condition happens to me about once a week and I have to use Netscape to read a particular message.  It makes it difficult to try to convince my peers to switch to evolution if it can't read messages that Netscape, Outlook etc can...

As for changing to UTF8 or UTF7, that doesn't seem to work for the messages I'm seeing.

js

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 00:36, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 20:49, R. Steven Rainwater wrote:
> I've been receiving a few emails that render as what looks like kanji or
> some other Asian character set but the sender swears they are in English
> and that everyone else (i.e. non-Evolution users) can read the emails
> just fine. I've included what seem to be the relevant headers and a
> portion of the content below. This seems to be the same problem
> described in Glen's post from January (also quoted below). In
> particular, I noticed the X-Mailer header in both reference "Smartcode
> ObjectSet 1.0" - maybe a buggy email program or SDK of some sort?

Have you tried changing the char encoding?  (View->Character Encoding)
I find that changing to UTF8 or UTF7 helps a lot.

And as others have said, it's not particularly a bug in evo afaics -
it's that the mail doesn't specify the character encoding.  I presume
the other mail programs you have default to the same encoding as is used
in the email, so it appears to render OK, whereas evo defaults to 7-bit
ASCII (probably as specified in the standards) and so it doesn't render
properly.

P.