Re: [Evolution] UI issues

On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 19:05 -0500, Peter McAlpine wrote:

Hello,

I've been using evolution (currently 1.4.5-3.2) for a few months now,
and am really enjoying it. I have a 3 comments/questions:

1) I have my mail fetched and parsed by external programs, and evolution
does not do a good job of noticing when new mail has arrived (and
updating my mailbox lists and currently open mailbox). Is there a way to
fix this?

The only way is to not use the external programs to update the mailbox.

Depending on how your'e doing this, it may be 'unsafe' anyway.

2) The key binding to compose a new email while looking at email is
"Ctrl-N", but while viewing other components of evolution (such as
contacts or calendar) the shortcut is "Ctrl-Shift-M" ... The "Ctrl-N"
key binding is fine, but I should be able to do a "Ctrl-Shift-M" while
viewing mail and have it open up a "Compose a message" window"

3) I've heard that the v1.5 user interface is rather different than the
1.4 interface. Is this true? Will there be a way to select the "Classic"
1.4 interface?

Its not really that different, and no you wont.