[Evolution] Solution to search-bar corruption problem
- From: Seth Williamson <orthodox ntelos net>
- To: evolution lists ximian com
- Subject: [Evolution] Solution to search-bar corruption problem
- Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:31:20 -0500
When I installed Evolution via apt-get on my Libranet (Debian-based
distro) box, the search-bar box above the e-mail list pane did not have
the usual drop-down list of fields to search (sender, subject, etc.),
nor could I input text into the text area.
The one solution offered on this list didn't fix the problem.
However, my Linux geek brother managed to fix it by simply having me
re-name the Evolution directory in my home directory. I re-named it
Evolution_old, and re-started Evolution. Then I immediately saw that
the search-bar situation was fixed. From that point I used the File |
Import facility to import the various mbox files to the new directory.
I mention this because apparently I wasn't the only person suffering
from the problem.
] [Thread Prev