Re: [Evolution] The rabbit hole is deep indeed...

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 22:34 -0500, Andrew Conkling wrote:

I'm in the process of installing Evo 1.5 from CVS.  Fun times, or
something.  At the moment, I'm missing libecal-1.0 while trying to
configure Evolution.  (I already configured, made, and installed gal and
gtkhtml.)  So, I download an evolution-data-server RPM that has it, and
I find out I need ORBit2 to install that... I find out linc conflicts
with ORBit2.  Phew!  Dep hell is right.

So I need to install these with CVS, is that it?  Ximian's site only
said I needed to check out gtkhtml, gal, and evolution, but is that only
with a more fully configured computer to start with?

If you get stuff from the evolution development snapshot channel, and
include the -devel packages, it ?should? install most of what you need.

The site is a little bit out of date, evolution-data-server is in a
similar vein to the other evolution packages, although it changes far
less often nowadays.