[Evolution] Manuals etc.

I am relatively new to Evolution, but I would very much like to learn
more.

I have googled and searched for advanced manuals - (more than the users
help manual). Where should I look for info about Evolution that shows me
how to change config. files and/or design input forms, create different
print forms, add icons, and build keyboard macros or their equivalent?

I would really like to "climb inside the program" and understand
fundamentally how it works and perhaps play around with it a little.

Where should I start, and what's the best resource?

Bill
RH9 Gnome v2.2 Ximian Evolution v1.4.5