Re: [Evolution] exec command

From: Not Zed <notzed ximian com>
To: "Celsun ." <tarcell hotmail com>
CC: evolution lists ximian com
Subject: Re: [Evolution] exec command
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 10:37:43 +0800

On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 14:43 -0500, Celsun . wrote:

> >From: Jeffrey Stedfast <fejj ximian com>
> >To: "Celsun ." <tarcell hotmail com>
> >CC: evolution lists ximian com, darren dzr-web com
> >Subject: Re: [Evolution] exec command
> >Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 14:25:09 -0500
> >
> >I use the following command:
> >
> >find evolution -name "mbox.*" -exec rm -f {} \;
> >
> >Jeff
>
> Thanks for your reply Jeff.
>
> Does the above command remove "mbox.ibex.index" and "mbox.ibex.index.data"
> files?
>
> Another question for you. Do the contents of ~/evolution/cache/http also
> need to be deleted before backing up evo?

I would delete it, it has less use than the summary files, since it is a
timed cache, it will be useless on restore - everything will be expired.

I wouldn't bother deleting the summary/index files, as they are usually
very small compared ot the mailbox size.

Not Zed, are you referring to the index files listed above and mbox.ev-summary?

Thank you,

Celsun

One-click access to Hotmail from any Web page ? download MSN Toolbar now! http://clk.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/