Re: [Evolution] BUG: frozen while looking up new mail

On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 14:02, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 15:28, Florin Andrei wrote:
Ok, i did it. It went through two lockup cycles while it was running in
gdb. Second time was very obvious, i clicked on a folder while it got
locked, and i had to wait like 4 seconds for it to unlock and show me
the folder.

My only worry is that i see no timestamps in the gdb output, so how are
you going to tell when's the moment when it locks up?

what good are timestamps going to do me? I just need to see the stack of
all the threads at one instant in time while the hang is in effect so
that I can see what each thread is doing.

Ok, i didn't knew that. Good to know.

$ gdb evolution-1.4
[snip]
[Switching to Thread -1084540960 (LWP 2287)]
0x0019dc32 in _dl_sysinfo_int80 () from /lib/ld-linux.so.2
(gdb) thread apply all bt
Couldn't get registers: No such process.

unfortunately it looks like gdb bombed on ya and got nothing useful. no
idea where to go from here (obviously gdb is gonna be of no help).

ltrace? strace? ptrace?

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/