[Evolution] Filter on "sender contains" does not recognize exact copy

I received a couple of mails from an individual and I decided to create
a filter to move all mails from him into a particular folder.

The same rule also looks for a couple of other senders. The upper left
field says the rule applies if _any_ of the criteria are met, as opposed
to _all_.

To make sure I have not misspelled the mail address in the Sender
Contains... text box, I used copy and paste, and I also verified that
there were no extraneous whitespace characters at either end of the text
box. I check that the cursor jumps to either side of the last (or first)
letter in the text box when pressing the arrows keys once, and no
further movement was possible beyond the end of the visible text. There
is no whitespace characters in the mail address (which is of the form
aaaaaa-bb xxx yyyy zz where all non-alphabetic characters have been
preserved, and also the number of alphabetic characters in each run).

Nevertheless, when I right-click on the last mail the Inbox overview
window, and select Apply Filters, some messages appear briefly in the
message bar, but the mail stays put in the Inbox.

The rule as a whole has been working flawlessly for several months
except for the last added criterion.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

I have:

[enrique arabia lexmark]$ rpm -qa | grep evol
evolution-1.4.6-2
[enrique arabia lexmark]$ rpm -qi evolution |fix-some-whitespace
Name        : evolution                        Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 1.4.6                                 Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 2                                 Build Date: Thu 06 May 2004 08:21:11 AM CEST
Install Date: Sat 29 May 2004 07:50:09 PM CEST  Build Host: tweety.build.redhat.com
Group       : Applications/Productivity         Source RPM: evolution-1.4.6-2.src.rpm
Size        : 25095068                             License: GPL
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Thu 06 May 2004 11:45:36 PM CEST, Key ID b44269d04f2a6fd2
Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
URL         : http://www.ximian.com/
Summary     : GNOME's next-generation groupware suite
Description :
Evolution is the GNOME collection of personal information management
(PIM) tools.

Regards, Enrique