[Evolution] Corrupted mail send to too many correspondant

Hi all,

Since I didn't found any useful information in the mailing list, nor in bugzilla and with google, I post my message in the 3 mailing list regarding evolution.

My configuration is :

- Mandrake 10.0
- evolution 1.4.6-1mdk
- ximian-connector 1.4.6 or 1.4.7

My account is setup to used my corporate mail server (Exchange 2000 and now Exchange 2003).

My problem comes with attachement and long list of correspondant (say > 20). If I put me in copy, the e-mail I sent was correctly handle by evolution. But, the mail was completely broken for my correspondant who used outlook. The message and the attachement were not interpreted correctly and saw as plain text (i.e. you see the base64 encoding of the attachement in the body of the e-mail).

Last week, I get another error, but related to the same problem : too much correspondant. A corporate MTA send me back my e-mail claiming that header line was too long ( > 1024 char.). I understand that if I send send e-mail to too many correspondant the "To:" or "Cc:" field will be greater than 1024 characters.

I think is mostly a problem of the mailer composer rather than a connector since I experienced the same problem with IMAP connection to the same Exchange server.

- Is somebody have experienced the same problem ?
- Is it a well-know bug of evolution or is it my configuration ?
- Is there something in the RFC which tell that the "To:" or "Cc:" field couldn't be larger than 1024 char. ?
- Is it possible to hack evolution (the mailer part) to split the "To:" or "Cc:" line when it will be larger than 1024 char. ?

Thanks for your help.

Olivier

--
Project Manager for Network architecture and switching Division
 & FT/DR&D/CORE/M2I           | mailto:Olivier Dugeon francetelecom com