Re: [Evolution] External pictures in html mails

Le jeu 29/01/2004 à 10:39, Joe Mahoney a écrit :
On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 04:17, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
probably means that the references in the html aren't properly defined.

For every HTML email? Probably not. I've experienced the same problem as
Jérôme but I suspect its got more to do with something wrong with my
Gnome and/or Evo settings.
Yes, some users do experience it for every HTML email with external
references to pictures (ie pictures not included in the mail).
I think it is user-profile-related, because a different user on the same
machine works.

On my work machine HTML emails view perfectly. This is a desktop running
mandrake 9.1 and a custom build of evo 1.4.5 connected to the web via
router and cablemodem.

My home laptop running Mandrake 9.1 and the same custom build of Evo
won't show images for most HTML emails, not matter what image loading
option I have selected in Evo.  An exception is the daily mailout from
Wired.com. On those emails evo will show the two ad images (which are
enclosed by links) but none of the others. My laptop connects via a
modem.

Since Evo works perfectly on my desktop, it sounds more like I've bunged
up something in my Gnome or Evo settings somewhere.
It has something to do with the user profile, but where?

Jérôme did you compile your own version of Evolution? Are you connected
via modem?
No, and no.

Joe Mahoney