[Evolution] Problems syncing PALM with items containing czech (and other) UTF characters

Hello everyone,

I'm using Evo 1.4.5 for few months now and it's great. I came to
decision to synchronize my palm Vx with Evo, using gpilot and ECalendar
conduit.

AFAIK Evolution stores everything in UTF-8 and my Palm gets slightly...
...confused from the information coming in.

Do you think it's possible to convert (recode) data during
synchronization?

Any hints appreciated.

Well, I have my own hint - get sources, hack ECalendar and compile...
I'm just wondering if it's not an issue someone came over before.

Thanks a lot.

--
Ludek Safar
SuSE CR