Re: [Evolution] A Stupid Question

Thanks.

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 10:22, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
if you use Evolution, then Sendmail is only used if you did not choose SMTP in your account settings. Procmail is never used by Evolution.

Jeff

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 10:16 -0700, Donald D Henson wrote:

(SuSE 9.0, Gnome 2.2.2, Evolution 1.4.5)

I have a stupid question. I've searched using Google and the Linux Documentation Project but I can't seem to find the info I'm looking for. If I am using a standard smtp/pop3 account with Evo as my e-mail client, how the heck do I find out what kind of e-mail processing software is being used? (sendmail, procmail, some other ones?)  I'm an almost newbie in Linux but, since my e-mail has always 'just worked', I haven't done any research into how it really works. If anyone can point  me to a good tutorial, I'd appreciate it.

Don Henson
--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.