Re: [Evolution] conf for virtual domains

On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 10:35, guenther wrote:
       I am using Evolution-1.2.2(Rehat-9),
How to confgire for virtual domains, I mean
how to avoid that host name at the end of the
mail address??

  my mail id is bala abc com
 but it is taking as bala abc com@mailhost

how to avoid that mailhost, adding at the end of the
mail address, for authentication purpose.

If I understand you, you are concerned about the string that is
displayed in the status window, when receiving mail.

This is ok. In fact it is necessary for the user to distinguish
different accounts. Basically it is user host  Neither information is
sufficient, as you can have multiple accounts on the same host or
multiple accounts with the same user name on different hosts.

From the above I see your usernane is an email address. HTH

for what it's worth, I've changed the password prompt dialogs to give
the following prompt:

Please enter the password for <account> on host <host>:

rather than the current prompt:

Please enter the password for <account>@<host>:

This will hopefully lessen the confusion.

(ie, if your account is user vhost on server foo.com, then the prompt
will no longer ask for "user vhost@foo.com", it will ask for "user vhost
on host foo.com")

Jeff

...guenther