Re: [Evolution] Clicking on https: links doesn't work

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 00:26, guenther wrote:

Especially check the GConf keys in /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/http and
/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/https. The GUI only sets the former.

Something like the following commands should get you going (untested
though, as I don't have Gnome 2.4 here):

$ gconftool-2 --set --type=string /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/https/command 'mozilla %s'
$ gconftool-2 --set --type=bool /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/https/need-terminal false
$ gconftool-2 --set --type=bool /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/https/enabled true

OK, did all that. However Gnome seems to have decided to ignore
anything I say to it. The gconftool-2 tool does correctly set
.gconf/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/http/%gconf.xml (NOTE: at the
moment I'm trying to get http working again, before moving on
to https). I can verify this via:

gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/url-handlers

However if I look at it via gnome-control-center, I just get the
same old values as before and no amount of clicking, typing, closing,
opening, restarting etc. makes any difference.

I know little of the architecture of Gnome, but maybe there's a demon
that's supposed to load the file and report to Gnome apps via CORBA
or whatever, and the demon has died for some reason.

poc