Re: [Evolution] Feature requests

hi amish,

putting this back to the mailing list since i suspect you of having had
this intention... :-)

Am Dienstag, den 28.12.2004, 20:14 +0530 schrieb Amish Munshi:
Approx 5-6 months back I had requested for read/delivery receipt
feature.
I was informed that it has been accecpted and will be made available
in version evolution 2.2. Unfortunately I cant recollect if I had
requested this on the mailing list or on bugzilla.

I tried searching on bugzilla, I could not find anything
related to this feature.

Can someone help me with finding the status for this feature?

bug 1609.

Cant we have a seperate list for feature requests  and bugs.

ah..., don't like that idea. bugzilla is the right place for putting bug
reports and feature requests, and this list is primarily for users'
discussion. bugzilla's workflow is much better and easier then this one
here - e.g. subscribing to a bug etc

Following is the list of features I have collected from my client (I
work in Novell India), I will put them in bugzilla if they are not
already present.

<CRITICAL> Mail storage should not be plain text</CRITCAL> (10 out of
10 clients I have visited, want this feature, they are living with
evolution currently without this feature)

not plain, but...? encrypted? why not use an encrypted file system?
don't think that's an evolution issue at all, you can also use s/mime or
gpg/pgp for encrypting single mails. :-)

Nice to have features :

1. Only send/Only receive options

bug 12765.

2. Send Later button - currently I have to be offline otherwise mail
goes out immediately

bug 37882.

3. Download Headers only - this is my favorite Outlook XP feature

use imap instead of pop3. :-)

4. Mailing lists

this is definitely supported in 2.1/2.2.

6. Unread Mails folder - this is something like VFolders but is an
automatic feature of Outlook XP. All unread mails are also seen in
this folder  so one does not have to go hunting for them thro various
folders

just set up a vfolder doing this, shouldn't be too hard. one could only
discuss if it should exist by default, in my opinion.

5. Reduce the size of the Component buttons on the Lower Left hand
side so that more space is available for veiwing folders

bug 58087 and/or bug 66212.

6. Filters should have option of working automatically or being
disabled when not needed.

http://bugzilla.ximian.com/buglist.cgi?keywords=filters&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED
will show all open filter requests, your one should be bug 1011 and/or
bug 1128.

My personal requests :
1. Mails should not be downloaded again in IMAP. Keep them offline by
default. Currently I have to manually configure evolution and select
folders for which mails will be stored offline and also I have to go
offline to store them offline.

hmm... i'm not that sure but if i remember correctly, offline caching is
planned for 2.2.

cheers,
andre

--