Re: [Evolution] 2.0.3 snapshot issues

On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 23:51 -0800, Des Dougan wrote:
Following a thread here last week, I've cleaned out my Evo 1.4.6 and Evo
2.0.2 (from the Red Carpet Evolution Development Snapshot) so that I
could install the 2.0.3 snapshot from the Evo Snapshot channel
(primarily to see if a bug I reported has been resolved). So far. so
good - 2.0.3 is installed; however, on the bottom left of the main
window, I see only Mail and Contacts - no Calendar or To-Do buttons, and
my contacts don't display - and the search bar is greyed out.

I assume that I'm missing something; however, Red Carpet shows no
available software in the Evolution Snapshot, nor any updates for it
either.

What am I missing? I would guess it's something from the Evolution
Development Snapshot, perhaps, that I've removed when I didn't need to,
but I would have anticipated all required software being in the
Evolution Snapshot channel.

I started Evo from a terminal and see this error for the Calendar and a
similar one for the Tasks component:

(evolution:4428): evolution-shell-WARNING **: Cannot activate
'OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Calendar_Component:2.0': g_module_open of
`/opt/gnome/lib/evolution/2.0/components/libevolution-calendar.so' failed with `libgnutls.so.11: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory'

I have libgnutls installed, but libgnutls.so.10, not .11. Looking on
ftp.ximian.org, I see, in the SuSE 9.1 Evolution Snapshot directory,
gnutls-1.0.4-0.ximian.9.1.i586.rpm which is what I have installed, and
which would appear to be the correct version.

Ideas, anyone?

Thanks,

Des
--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group

Ph: 604-980-2848       Email: des at DouganConsulting dot com

        www.DouganConsulting.com

Design - Implementation - Support