Re: [Evolution] Strange new IMAP error

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 09:00 -0800, James D. Ivey wrote:
Error message:

Error while 'Unsubscribing to folder "Trash"': IMAP command failed:
UNSUBSCRIBE failed: Can't write subscription temporary file

Context:

Evo 1.4.5
Xandros Business Edition 2.0 (KDE based)

The reason this is crucial for me is that I can't access "Trash"
folders via IMAP.  Evo seems to think it's its own Trash v-folder,
until I unsubscribe and re-subscribe.

Where do I look for the proper permissions and environment for write
temporary subscription files?  In other words, where is Evo trying to
write the temporary file?

it's *not* trying to write a temporary file, that's an error from the
server.

I suppose in the long term it would be nice to have IMAP folders not
named "Trash".  Is there a nice tutorial somewhere on how to use the
"Override server-supplied folder namespace" option in Settings?

it's as simple as typing in a different prefix.

e.g. "mail" if your mail is under ~/mail on the imap server. or
"mail/stuff-i-care-about"

Jeff

Many thanks!

Jim