Re: [Evolution] Word wrap frustrations, Evolution 1.4.4

On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 22:32 -0600, Peter B. Steiger wrote:
Whenever I compose a reply, I have no end of grief getting the word
wrapping to work right on the quoted section.  If the sender has a wider
margin than I have, the quoted section ends up looking like this:

blah blah blah ... 70 columns ... blah blah blah bl
ah
blah blah blah ... 70 columns ... blah blah blah bl
ah

I sympathize.

... with just the last word or two from one line wrapped around to a
second quoted line.  I looked through the composer options and did not
see any way to have it give me wider margins.  It looks like they are
fixed at 70 characters.

It would also be nice if I could have it re-wrap long lines to fit the
margins.  Often I cut-and-paste text from other messages or external

Sylpheed does that, I think.

files, and again, if the line length in the external source is > 70, it
wraps the long line and still adds a linefeed to start the next line:

This is my story 71 or more chars per line blah blah
blah
blah blah.  Blah blah blah, 71 more characters, blah bl
ah.
Blah blah etc.

Frustrating?  You have no idea.  If I have pasted in a 3 or 4 page block
of text, I have to manually go through and insert newlines at positions
that remove the short stub of text, or delete all newlines and let
Evolution do the wrapping for me.  That's OK for a 5-line paragraph, but
make it 4 pages @ 55-60 lines per page, and we're talking about a
serious waste of time that could be better put to use playing TuxKart.

Has anyone else found a way to work around this?  I'm probably just
missing something obvious.

With that much stuff, I'd send it as an attachment.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

"this is how main street of town looked back in 1985 when I was
of age of those girls"
http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/page11.html